1. Disclosure of information
You authorise us, our staff and any other person who by reason of their scope of work or capacity or office have access to our records, registers or any correspondence or material with regards to all your personal and account information (“Personal Information”) to disclose any Personal Information, where such disclosure is required by any applicable laws (including applicable laws imposing any reporting and/or withholding obligations on us such as those relating to the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act and Common Reporting Standard), to:
- any of our branches, representative offices, related companies, subsidiaries, or any of our other offices, wherever situated;
- any government, quasi-government, regulatory, fiscal, monetary or other authority, agency body or person, whether in Singapore or elsewhere; and
- any party to whom we are under a duty to disclose or where we in good faith deem it in our interest to make such disclosure.
2. Notification of change in circumstances
You will promptly notify us in writing of any change in:
- your particulars, circumstances, status, including any change in citizenship, residence, tax residency, address(es) on record, telephone and facsimile numbers and email addresses; and
- (where applicable) your constitution, shareholders, partners, directors or company secretary, or the nature of your business.
3. Cooperation with enquiries
You will cooperate fully in respect of any enquiry that we may make for the purposes of compliance with any applicable law (including the laws relating to the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act and Common Reporting Standard and/or any other reporting and/or withholding requirements of any government) including promptly providing all relevant information, details and/or documents as may be necessary to enable us to comply with the same.
4. Right to withhold payments or close Accounts
Any sum that may be payable by us to you shall be subject to all applicable laws, including any withholding tax requirement, foreign exchange restriction or control. You agree and acknowledge that pursuant to the foregoing we may perform, or cause to be performed withholding of any monies payable to you, deposit any such monies into a sundry or other account and/or retain such monies pending determination of the applicability of such withholding tax requirement, foreign exchange restriction or control. We shall not be liable for any losses that may be incurred by reason of such withholding, retention or deposit.
You agree that we have a right to terminate your account at any time without having to give any reason or notice.
6. Inconsistent terms
If there is any inconsistency between the terms herein and any other terms governing the relevant product and/or service, the terms herein shall prevail insofar as they relate to our compliance with tax, reporting and/or withholding requirements (including but not limited to the laws relating to the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act and Common Reporting Standard).